What does my child need to wear for ShovelTown games?
- All players need shin guards, a water bottle, and their own soccer ball.
- Cleats are highly recommended for all age groups, but players can wear athletic shoes. Almost all Recreational players wear cleats.
- We highly recommend all Recreational players wear soccer socks that cover their shin guards.
- As colder weather sets in, players can practice in sweatshirts / hoodies and sweatpants. Warmer under-gear (long sleeve shirts, a thinner hoodie) that can be worn under the team jersey is recommended on cold game days.
- No jewelry is to be worn at any time for player safety. This includes earrings and stud earrings. watches, necklaces, and bracelets.
Can I select a ShovelTown team or coach for my player?
- No, we cannot accommodate these numerous special requests.
Can I be a parent-coach?
- Absolutely!!! Each of our ShovelTown teams are run by parent coaches and assistant coaches. It is a great opportunity for you to learn more about coaching soccer. Our volunteer coaches are not on their own though - our Easton Soccer Director of Coaching John Barata is here to help. We will have a coaches' clinic prior to the start of the season and each coach can access our Soccer Curriculum and sample training plans. Lastly, there is no cost to you to register or serve as a volunteer coach.
Does Easton Soccer provide soccer attire for ShovelTown?
- Easton Soccer will provide the team shirt. Please order the shirt size that your child will wear in the fall. If you are not sure, go up one size from your child's current size.
Are the games Coed?
- At the younger ages 3rd - 6th the games are split by gender. At the older ages we may have combine genders to fully roster teams.
Do ShovelTown teams practice?
- We encourage ShovelTown coaches to hold one practice a week.